Saturday, August 6, 2011

Work hard, play hard!

While Mark was here I stole some pictures off his computer of what he’s been up to so I thought I would share! The first ones are just shots of where he works….poor guy is stuck in an office all day…

with this outside! How sad right?


Of course this isn't RIGHT outside cuz he's on base but it's somewhere on the island :)

The pics of Okinawa that I’ve seen really are gorgeous and I really wish I coulda gone to visit him there! But that’s alright…he promised to take me to some paradise someday :) Anyway…

Since Mark is the boot Ensign, he helps plan a lot of the activities for the guys there on their day off. They usually work 6 days a week but one or two Saturdays a month they get off. They go out to dinner a lot too and Mark says he’s had some good food out there! So a couple of the activities he has pictures of are a hike and a trip to the aquarium.

The hike looked gorgeous, lots of jungle, waterfalls, cliffs, and ocean! SO gorgeous! Here’s some pics!

Mark and his buddy Matt! They were our next door neighbors in Gulfport and went to church with us so that was awesome! I love Matt's wife, Nicole, and am excited to go back to MS and be near her again! As well as my other buddies too. :)
No clue what this is :)


Eating at some local place, the pic below is the menu!


Then I guess the island has a pretty nice aquarium. The main attraction is this HUGE whale shark…isn’t that crazy big???





He also had pics (taken by the battalion photography guy, not Mark) from a concert that the MWR put on for the guys and families on the bases there. They had some chick named Natalie Stovall, some band named Safety Suit, and Bowling for Soup (they’ve got some good songs and also wrote/sang the theme song for Phineas and Ferb!). We both know/like Bowling for Soup so I’m sure he liked them. I don’t know the other two.


And here’s just a few random pics I found on there!

I guess there's a lot of these lion statues around in Okinawa. Mark wants to get a pair (smaller of course :) to put on the front porch. Pretty cool!

My dashing husband! :)


I wasn't a fan of this pic but here it is anyway! :) They had a little "competition" on who could grow the best mustache I guess...Mark didn't last too long cuz the other guys were better but he did try! I"m just glad he got rid of it before he came home :)

So yeah..I don’t really have much to say since these are his pics but hopefully you liked them! Pretty hard life though right? I know he’s a bit bored sometimes and gets tired of sitting in the office all day but I’m glad he’s somewhere safe and gets to have some fun! I think some of the trips he has coming up are fishing on the ocean and snorkeling…no fair!

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

Wow, Okinawa looks beautiful - waterfalls are always so pretty. I'm glad Mark is in a safe place. He does look great in his dress uniform.