Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. --Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook--

I actually found a lot of good quotes for this blog title, it was hard to choose! SO here's a couple more real quick :)

Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will. ~Author Unknown

You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you. ~Frederick Buechner


Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be. ~Author Unknown

Anyway....

This past week and a half have flown by and I’m not too happy about how quick it went! As most of you know Mark came for his leave visit this past week and a half and it was so wonderful to have him home! Evelyn loved having her daddy here and LOVED all the attention and play time she got. I loved seeing them together again and quite enjoyed not being Evelyn’s jungle gym for once! I also enjoyed the break from changing diapers (Mark graciously accepted my request of him changing all the diapers while he was here, I think I only changed 1 or 2! Good man…. :) Anywho…it was a wonderful visit and I’m so glad he got to come.

Mark and I spent the first night in Kansas City (Evelyn spent the night with Grammy and Grandpa) and had a wonderful time. We ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, which was YUMMY!!! Then Saturday we did a little shopping and then went to see the last Harry Potter movie before heading home. Man that was a good movie!!! I loved it! I was balling (or trying not to, tears were streaming but inside I was balling like a baby). It was such a great book and they did really good with the movie. Anyway, it was a perfect little getaway for us as we spent the rest of Mark’s visit with Evelyn.

We got home Saturday afternoon and as much as I would like to say that Evelyn was ecstatic to see her daddy, it wasn’t quite the case. She had woken up from her nap just MINUTES before we drove up and she’s not a very happy person after waking up and that day was a bit more grouchy cuz she hadn’t seen her momma in 24 hours so it was a bit rocky. Mark went in first and she heard that door and came running, saw him, ran past him (crying all the while), and ran straight to me. Poor dear! I was taking a little video to capture it but stopped it right there. So no pics of that! And no video cuz this still won’t let me upload….ugh!!!! So yeah…we went home pretty much right after that and after she calmed down (and opened a present from Mark) she was just dandy and they played and played and had lots of fun. It was wonderful! I love seeing them together. They are so adorable. He misses her so much and gets so sad about missing out on her learning/doing new things! So it was nice to have him interact with her even for just a week and a half. She has been working on her colors lately and really picked a few up while he was here so he loved being a part of her learning something new. (She now knows pink and blue 99% of the time and red, purple, and yellow 80%...she picks things up so quick!)

She loves picking "flowers" for me :)

So we pretty much just hung out around home for Sunday and Monday, playing and enjoying each other’s company, and also getting ready for a little trip we took. We went to Nauvoo on Tuesday and stayed til Thursday. It was a quick trip but really great and I’m so glad we did it! We spent time with Monie and her fam and saw the new baby, sweet little Kellen! That baby is SO good and SO adorable! I’ve never seen such a chill baby…but I’ll get to him later. We did a little photo shoot of him so I’ll dedicate a whole post to that later. So yeah…on Wednesday we hung out with them and then went to a waterpark in Burlington which was pretty fun. Kady and Evelyn had a great time playing in the water and running around like little kids do.


(Dancing with Daddy at the hotel! SO adorable!)

That night we went to the Nauvoo Pageant, which was wonderful, although we were all so beat and tired and cranky we didn’t stay the whole thing. Evelyn would NOT stay still and kept running off and since it’s at night it was pretty hard to see where she went sometimes…I was kinda afraid to lose her! So we went home and went to bed instead. :) Thursday morning Mark and I dropped Evelyn off at Aunt Monie’s and went to the temple to do some temple work, which was so wonderful. It’s always wonderful to go the temple with your beloved but it’s even more wonderful to go back to Nauvoo where we were married and where we can reminisce and feel the wonderful spirit that is there. I absolutely love that place and love going back with Mark. I feel so grateful that we were able to go while he was home.

Daddy offered to share his hot dog with her...


And she grabbed it and ate the whole thing!


How can you resist that face though? :)


After we were done at the temple we picked up Evelyn, made some lunch, and headed off! We drove part way to Columbia where we did a little shopping (Mark needed some new running shoes for PT) and then went to my good friend Rori’s for a BBQ dinner with her, her hubby, and my other two good friends, Jeanie and Cheryl. It was great to see them all and enjoy some time with friends. I rarely get to see those girls anymore (darn growing up and getting married/jobs/etc.!) and it’s always wonderful to get together. We stayed for quite a while and then drove home (amidst and nice lightning storm chasing us) and spent the rest of Mark’s short visit spending every possible minute together.

Here's just a funny one from the pics we took :)

I had my best friend Sarah take some family pics of us while Mark was here, which went pretty good, except Evelyn, of course, wasn’t cooperating and kept running around and not paying attention to anything but what she wanted to do so we don’t have too many of us all looking at the camera but got some cute ones anyway! I’m just gonna have to get used to having lots of pictures of us up and walking or side shots or less formal shots. :) That girl is So active! Mark spent lots of time playing/chasing her outside and she loved having him at her beck and call to play with :)

So the rest of the visit was pretty calm, just spending time together, which was perfect. But Monday came all too soon and we were soon dropping him off and he was gone. :( It was very sad but we got through the first 4 ½ months and can get through these next four! Just gotta keep busy like before and it’ll be gone before we know it. I’ve still got a craft to-do list as long as my arm or longer (pinterest is getting SO addicting! So many cool things on there), so hopefully I can get some things done! Then in September we’ve got some traveling to do (hopefully it all works out) so that’ll go quick and then it’ll be October (Evelyn’s 2nd b-day…holy cow!!!) and then November!

There you have it. I’m afraid this week won’t be too productive…it’s BLAZING hot (it was a high of like 108 yesterday! UGH!!!) and that always makes me more lazy/reluctant to do anything too productive…Evelyn gets cranky cuz she’s all cooped up inside and then bothers me when I’m doing projects so I don’t get as much done…vicious cycle :) I’m praying this excessive heat crap will go away!!! So yeah…I think that’s all for now! Evelyn’s asleep and I’m getting there so off to bed for me! Love to you all!


Evelyn and I went to Chipotle for lunch after we dropped Mark off at the airport...she was really into the burrito! She has good taste :)

The Kansas City Temple! This is a shot I got with my phone while driving by from the airport :) It's SO pretty!!!

No comments: