Monday, January 30, 2012

“Feeling fat lasts nine months but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever“

So most of you already know this but Mark and I are expecting baby #2! I had my first ultrasound today so we are FINALLY making the big announcement online :) We told our family's on Christmas with this photo.....


And now we have this one! She doesn't quite get what's going on yet but we've been talking to her about it and I know she's gonna love being a big sister!


I am 11 1/2 weeks and the due date is August 16th....so the first trimester is ALMOST over and most of my annoying symptoms are calming down. Luckily I haven't been too horribly off....a bit nauseous feeling at first, but no throwing up, yay! (I did throw up once a few weeks ago, but I'm blaming that one on the taco bell burrito thing I ate two secs before). And I was WAY more tired this time at the beginning...I had to take a nap everyday for awhile cuz I would just crash...so those both eased up and then I was just feeling blah...so unmotivated, still a little slow/tired and everything I ate was just blah....everything sat heavy and it was just no fun cuz nothing tasted good/was very satisfyin. That only lasted a few weeks though and then I would switch off to feeling SUPER HUNGRY and blah...like I ate too much. :) TMI I know but hey! This is my blog and how I remember what's going on :) So anyway, this last week has just been the super hungriness and the past couple days have been better on that so things are looking up! I just gotta keep eating small meals cuz it feels way easier to overdo it now.

SO yeah! The appt. today was super quick, she measured the baby and looked at it real quick, listened to the heart beat (what a wonderful sound to hear for the first time!!!!) and then took some pics and I was done! The baby was really calm while she was doing the initial stuff and she mentioned that and I was like GOOD! I want a nice calm baby...and then it started kicking around and moving...so we'll see about that :) It was super cute and so amazing to see though! Last time I had my ultrasound at 17/18 weeks so I knew she was bigger and baby-like but I wasn't sure how it would look this early but it's a teeny-tiny-cute lil' baby! I sent Mark a quick pic with my phone afterwards (he had to work :( ) and he was like, "aw! I was hoping it was twins, but this is fine too..." and I was like, oh goodness....crazy boy! The idea of twins is cute and all but that's a lot to handle! So I'm good with just this cutie :)

Sweet little profile!

It had it's hand up by it's face most of the time. 
It's just so weird cuz other than feeling super hungry all the time I don't feel pregnant at all (well I have been having to wear my bigger pants cuz anything tight makes me feel clammy/icky, but according to today I actually lost three lbs! oh well :) so I was glad to have this ultrasound, more reassuring for me/definitely makes it more real! So I'm super excited for what's coming up, I'm glad we're moving the second trimester cuz hopefully I'll have more energy/etc. to get all that done and won't be too big yet! So anywho....now that we're "out" I'll be posting more updates on this! We're super excited and can't WAIT to find out what it is...hopefully we'll get it done before we leave MS so just a month more to wait! Yay!

2 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

Congratulations! It will be neat to have another great grand-baby....and I'm sure it will be great for Evelyn to have a little brother or sister. Stay well!

Heidi said...

Yay! Congratulations! :) I'm glad you're starting to feel more normal again. I really didn't like the first trimester.