Thursday, January 12, 2012

"NO! Not the buttons! Not my gumdrop buttons!" --The Gingerbread Man, Shrek"

Well we didn't make gingerbread men but we did do gingerbread houses! This was before Christmas but better late than never. :) It started out as one of our things to do on our advent calendar and then I invited my friend Nicole and her kids and then Gwyn and her kids and then Chelsea and her kids. :) We decorated houses, ate lunch, played, talked...I loved it! It was a full house but a lot of fun!!! I'm really gonna miss these girls when I leave :( Well Gwyn is moving to NC too so THANK goodness I'll have one of them with me still, but I'm really gonna miss Chelsea and Nicole! Love you guys!!!

Anywho...here's some pics from the day! :)

The mommas helping with the houses :)

Evelyn, of course, went with the bright pink frosting :)

Lukas frosting his house

Chelsea and Gavin

time to decorate! of course I think half the candy was eaten instead of being put on the houses :)

Evelyn and her masterpiece!

I made one too (mine was real gingerbread :) I made it to match hers :)

and here's just a couple pics of the goodies I made this year for my friends! I kinda went a bit overboard but it was so fun and they are all such yummy treats!

my new favorite here is peppermint rice krispy treats, which if you've never tried you gotta!!! SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! and my other fav here is the pumpkin whoopie pies....YUMMMMMMMMY!

No comments: