Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will." --George Bernard Shaw

So, as I said before, I've been slacking a bit on being motivated to do anything the past couple months....this pregnancy really wore me out this time at the beginning! And now that I'm not tired all the time I really have no excuse for being so lazy/unmotivated :) So I went through some of my piles of "to-do" lists in pinterest and my blogging lists, picked out some of the top things I could do/had the materials/could be done easily and have actually done a few of them! So far it's mostly been little things for Evelyn to try and keep her busy/play with....fun for me, fun for her, so everyone's happy right? :)

This first one is a project I found on a blog, Serving Pink Lemonade. She actually linked the project from someone else but did hers a smidge different and hers look a bit cuter to me so I got the pattern from the original blog and then sewed them together like Pink Lemonade did (the first one used hot glue). Anywho....these are princess finger puppets and I luckily had a nice big bag of felt I could use for it and didn't have to buy a thing! Perfect craft. So here it is! (sorry I don't have any pics of Evelyn with it....she's asleep and I didn't get any of her with them before :)

I made the little castle purse that went with it and added a "door" and "window" with a sharpie cuz Evelyn wanted them. Although she tries to make the princesses go through the door and doesn't like that it doesn't work :)

Pretty Princesses!! 

I did do a fifth, Ariel, but forgot to leave the opening for your finger and now I can't find it :)  Evelyn loves these though! And they were pretty quick and easy to do. 

My next project I just finished tonight...this one was actually pretty quick too because, luckily, I already had a big stack of squares leftover from a blanket I made years ago and I just used those! This is from a blog called "The Crafty Cupboard" and it's basically just bean bags but she added the alphabet to them for a fun learning game for her daughter. I thought Evelyn would have fun with these, she might not be able to do spelling games yet but she has been interested in the alphabet so maybe she can start recognizing some letters. She's been liking to watch some of the Leap Frog shows on Netflix and her favorite is the alphabet one and she's been starting to recognize that things have letters on them. She calls them all "a" :) Anywho, I made all the bags yesterday and today and filled them up, although I used rice instead of beans just cuz, then got some fabric paint/markers and Evelyn "helped" put the letters on them with Mark and I. Now they are all dry and tomorrow she can play with them! 

I did upper case on one side and lower on the other. I would have liked a bit bigger size of letters but had a hard time finding a stencil the size I wanted that had both lower and upper! Lame. 

Pretty cute I think! 

 These next two pics are just of Evelyn doing a little bead project I give her sometimes to keep her busy. She really likes it and it's fun to watch her.

I just love these little hands! Cutest hands EVER! :)

You can't see here but she is only putting purple beads on here....she's so particular about that...every time! :) 
So there you have it for now! I have some more things on my list but they'll take a little longer than these little projects here.

No comments: