Sunday, January 29, 2012

"You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times, so take a good look around. You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this."

I know it's been while since I posted, but not a whole lot has gone on around here to blog about! Evelyn and I have just been hanging out, doing a lot of puzzles and coloring, going to the park, riding bikes, coloring with chalk (it's been sooo nice here lately! like almost too hot sometimes but it's better than freezing ice or snow so I'm not gonna complain! :). I've been feeling kinda lazy about it all but I know next month is gonna be BUSY so I'm just trying to enjoy it while I can! Almost time to move again...ugh! :)

So I don't have much to say except talk about cutie patootey Evelyn! This girl is just so darn adorable! She's really such a wonderful, smart, funny, (sometimes :) sweet little thing and I just adore watching her! She's such a quick learner and I love seeing/hearing new things she's learned. She connects things so much better now and it amazes me sometimes. We are talking about something the other day and how it was far away, and she was like far away like Grammy is...(I always tell her Grammy lives far away and that's why we can't see her everyday anymore). And she's just putting things together/understanding things so well. She's a smart little cookie! She remembers things SO well too! You can't tell that girl anything anymore, she keeps it locked in her little head. One time there was a rainbow while we were driving and the next time we drove over there she was like, where's the rainbow? So we told her rainbows only come when it's rained. So next time it rained she was like, where's the rainbow? Smarty smart.... :) I love it though! You really never know what kids are gonna say so it's gonna be interesting to see what she comes up with! I'm gonna have to start writing things down cuz I can't remember when I want to.

She's been doing so well lately....she's been playing a lot better on her own, which is so nice, she's been loooving her puzzles and will do the same two over and over and over, but that's ok with me! And she's been loving coloring, she's been getting better at coloring the actual picture instead of just scribbling everywhere. :) proud Momma here :) She's certainly our little princess though...she loves to dance and twirl and everyday wants to wear a pink dress...everything has to be pink all the time and she calls everything pink too...lets go to our pink house, my pink room....silly girl! :) (We are going to Disney World in February for a little family vaca and I'm SOOO excited to take her, meet all the princesses, Mickey, Minnie... she's going to LOOOOVE it! and this time she'll actually know what's going on :) The only thing that's been a real bug is her constant insistence that "I do myselfs!" Definitely the independent two year old! So I don't mind the whole I do it myself thing if only she'd let me help her do it sometimes....she gets soooo upset when I try to help her and flips out if I do something she wanted to do. Ugh. :) But sometimes she just can't do it, like cook...she always wants to help me with dinner but sometimes it's just not something she can do...and she gets mad. :) Stubborn little redhead :) Anywho....Love her!  Here's a few pics from my phone and such :)

We went to Baton Rouge with some friends to go to the temple and afterwards we went to the mall where Evelyn rode a carousel for the first time!  She LOVED it!

Mark's battalion had a welcome home type party- lots of food, bounce houses, and a face painter for the kiddos! Evleyn was a little eh at first but loved the pink butterfly on her face! :)

just one of those days....I turned and saw her  pick up the bag and was like...noooooo. too late though :)

Mark and started building this before Christmas and finally finished it! Unfortunately one of the side boards was a little warped but we didn't figure it out til right before we were gonna drill it on so it's not completely right...(it's one of those angled shelves so those two on the sides are angled...hard!!!) we tried to compensate other ways but that didn't work either but the shelves are level and that's all that I care about now! After I find something to put here instead this will go out of sight in my craft room :) 

people keep asking me what crafty things I've done lately so I decided to finally actually do something...I found this burlap bubble wreath on pinterest (LOVE pinterest btw....best website EVER!). This picture isn't too great cuz the sun is so bright but meh...I was too lazy to do it again later.  The wreath was slightly time consuming but not too horrible, but also super easy and super cute! :) Wanted a change up from my normal grapevine wreath 

I did these flowers like I did the ones for Evelyn's birthday outfit, so cute and so easy! Just a little color for Valentine's day and super easy to remove to change it all up for another holiday! Just pinned 'em on :)
I do have a couple other little projects I've done but no pics so I'll save those for later! So anywho...that's all for now for me! Mark has been busy with work and studying for a ridiculous test that he has to redo again on Tuesday so pray for him to pass!!! :) I'll have another new post tomorrow night so keep tuned! It'll be a good one :)


1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

The wreath is really neat. You are a creative, talented lady - we are proud of you.