Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Change is not made without inconvenience, even from worse to better." --Richard Hooker--

Well here's some updates for you all. First of all, Grandma. So my mom, dad, and two sisters made it out to CA and have been out there for a week now almost (well Mellisa and Emily flew home early this week, my parents are still there). Grandma still wasn't doing all that well when they got there, she would be conscious sometimes and talk to them but wasn't very aware of what was going on. She did have another small stroke but the docs got her stable and hooked to some stuff to keep her that way. They gave my gramps two options- either take her off and see what happens or they would have to put a trach and permanent feeding tube in, which is what he chose to do. (sorry if I'm getting this all wrong...my memory is quite shot at the moment!).

He's been very adamant in having the docs do everything to keep her going, he said that he thought they should give her a week for a miracle to happen, which he didn't have to even wait that long for cuz a day or so later my mom got a call from my aunt at the hospital saying that Grandma was awake, alert, and sitting on the edge of her bed. She still needed to the trach and everything but she seems to be doing better. It's still going to be a long time for her to recover if she does continue to do better but we're all grateful that she's fully awake and alert. She's going to need 24 hour care no matter what happens though or where she ends up going so things are still undecided about what they're going to do.

My mom and dad have pretty much just been hanging out in CA with my dad's fam, they get to go to the hospital for a little while each day but other than that there's not too much else to do. My mom's getting a little antsy and might fly home early if my dad stays too much longer. She's definitely more of a homebody than a traveler! If they drive back they're going to come through Utah and see me so I hope they do!!! I miss my Momma!!! :)

This week or two has been pretty busy for me and Mark. We finished up our winter semester, packed, moved, unpacked, and now Mark is starting spring term! Poor thing. He's only taking two classes but they're hard upper level engineering ones so they'll take up a lot of his time. As for me, I've been focusing on getting our new apt organized (I finished Thursday except hanging a couple things), and it looks great so far! I really like it a lot. I promise I'll post pics soon, I just haven't taken any yet. Other than that I've just been working a lot this week (my bosses wife took her daughter, who works here as well and just graduated from BYU to Spain so I've been picking up a few more hours than usual). I've already read two full books while I've been working and need to head to the library for some more. So any suggestions on good books to read would be great!!! I've got lots of time to read this summer.

This next week will be fairly busy for us. On top of school and work we're going to (hopefully) have my parents visit, two doctor appointments, one regular and one sonogram!!! Yay!!! That one is one Tuesday so be sure to look here for the news if I don't happen to call (I have a ton of people to call so be patient! It takes awhile sometimes to get through everybody...). Mark still thinks it's gonna be a girl but I'm kinda thinking a boy...I don't know why, I haven't had any strong feelings towards either and I'm not just saying boy cuz he says girl, I just would have to say boy if someone made me pick (as much as I would LOVE a girl first!!!). It's only a few days til we find out and I don't really care which it is as long as it's healthy! Right? :) I'm just excited to be having a baby and I'll love it whether it's a boy or a girl! (Girl stuff is just so much cuter though... :) haha...anywho...I have been feeling him/her moving a lot more lately so that is interesting, somewhat weird, and very cool at the same time! I'm sure later I'll be tired of it but for now it's great. :)

The other busyness of the week is Mark's parents are coming to town for Amy's graduation (next Friday) and she's going through the temple for her endowment (on my anniversary! How's that for a nice romantic thing to do on your 1st anniversary? joking!!! I'm excited for her and love going to the temple so I'm fine with going any day she chooses! Mark and I will celebrate later that day or do something another day. Then of course the day after our anniversary is Mother's day!!! Poor guy, he gets hit up twice in February for my b-day and Valentine's day and then in May it's our anniversary and Mother's day! :) He's already starting to fret over a good anniversary gift and as far as I know hasn't figured out what to do yet (neither have I...I have ideas but nothing definite...gifts are so hard to think of sometimes!!! And we're both so indecisive it just makes it harder :). Oh well...I really don't care as much about what I get, just as long as I'm with him!

We still haven't heard a definite answer from the Navy yet but have got a better explanation of why it's taking so long. I won't go into the story cuz it's long and frustrating and this post is long enough already but I will say it SHOULD be any day now and it sounds very promising for Mark! I just can't wait for the wait to hear to be over...it's been SO long!

Well I think that's all for now on updates...I can't think of anything else I should say (I am a million times more forgetful than I ever was...which sucks cuz I was SO forgetful already before I was pregnant...well at least I have an excuse for it now :). So have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: