Friday, April 2, 2010

Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long. If you're going my way, I wanna drive it all night long

One reason this week has been busy is because Mark and I have been car hunting. We knew before we left Utah that we would be getting a new car when Mark got back because of some issues with our Malibu and we didn't want to be driving it with all the traveling we're doing this summer. So we've been talking and talking about what to get for a long time now and we finally decided on something and bought it on Tuesday! So now we are owners of a 2010 Subaru Forester! I had never driven a Subaru before but knew Mark loved them so I gave it a try and totally converted. They are great!

I absolutely LOVE ours and am very excited about it. We were pretty darn anxious and nervous when we were finalizing everything cuz well one, it's a big deal buying your first car! And two, it was a brand new car! But don't worry, we've got everything taken care of and we've gotten over our anxiousness. It just felt like such a grown up thing to be doing! I am still in a state of limbo between college life and going off into the real world so it's kinda weird. It seems crazy that we're done with college life (I'm still going to finish!!! don't worry about that either), and are now moving on to a real job and everything that that brings. We're excited though, as I've said before and are glad to be moving on! I hate being in limbo. :) Anywho, here's our pretty new car!

(Old versus new...definitely a lot better now! I love being higher and in something bigger, but not too big. This is the perfect size for me!)

(One reason I've never been a big fan of Subaru is because they were too wagoney/boxy looking and I hate that type of look. But I just LOVE the 2010's they've come out with! They totally changed the look of the Forester and Outback, which we almost got the Outback but went with the Forester instead. I actually like the look of the Outback better but like the overall feel/etc of the Forester so we got that. We also felt better about our purchase after seeing that Jim and Pam (from the TV show, "The Office") had a Subaru too! I know most of you don't watch that but for those of you that do, you gotta admit they aren't a bad couple to copy :) :) :)



(I love how much room we have! We can even fold down the second row completely (or half of it and leave the other half up for Evelyn) to make more room! it's great!)

No comments: