Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"There is nothing quite like a fall day. The cool crisp air, pumpkins in the fields, and playing in the leaves. The smile on your face can warm a chilly day."

Well it is officially feeling like fall here! The past few days have been nice and cool and fall-y! It's been so nice! With the fall comes my little Evelyn's birthday! This Monday she turned 3, crazy, I know! I can't believe she's 3 already...part of me feels like it's been FOREVER and then part of me is like, only 3? she seems so much older most of the time and I get so many people asking if she's older and now I can finally say she's 3! :) She's been wanting it to be her birthday for MONTHs and it's finally here! Anyway....here's part one of her birthday!

This weekend was Columbus Day so Mark had a long weekend (yay!), which was so nice to celebrate her birthday! We watched General Conference on Saturday and Sunday and had two pretty, chill, laid back days. Then on Monday, Evelyn's actual birthday we celebrated! We had gymnastics first thing that morning, which Mark got to see for the first time. Evelyn is so adorable! I took my nice camera so I could get some good pics.

She's so cute at gymnastics class! 



Andrew watching the kids on the trampoline, he loves watching big kids!  

After gymnastics we took her to lunch and then to Target to get her birthday present...a new bike! We were going to go somewhere fun but all the choices we had chosen to do were closed! We were gonna save the bike for Saturday at her party but since all our plans fell through we decided to do the bike then :) Anyway, she loves it! It is a bit for her but with the seat all the way down she fits pretty good. The 12" was way too small so we had to go with the 16" (she's so tall!).

First time riding her new bike! Don't worry though, we do have a helmet and knee/elbow pads for her :)

We were gonna go to the pumpkin patch but realized the day before that it was closed so we happened upon a pumpkin lot after gymnastics and got some pumpkins for her party and one to carve. We carved Evelyn's pumpkin that day...Daisy Duck! I thought she'd pick Minnie, which she did originally but changed her mind. I think I did pretty good though!






On Tuesday Evelyn had her first day of preschool! She's been begging to go to school for MONTHS as well and was so excited! It's only 1/2 day, T/TH but it's a nice break for the both of us :) After we picked her up though (the teachers said she was very good and a very good listener!), we asked her what she did/how it went and she wouldn't tell us! She said, I'll tell you later, after lunch....and then she put it off after that...it was so funny! Still don't know what she did.... :)

my little poser! :)

I can't believe she's preschool age now! She's getting so big!
Outside her school ready to go! :)


After preschool we went to a place called Mike's Farm...which is a farm ;) We went on a hayride to their pumpkin patch, picked out pumpkins, walked around the farm a little bit....it was fun! Super cute little farm...
ready to get some pumpkins!
I snapped this on the hayride over to the pumpkins...she's so cute!!!!


He slept like the whole time, he loves being in this back-pack-carrier thing!

at the pumpkin patch!


checking out the animals! This was a huuuge turkey!

 Another thing we did last week was Boo our neighbors! Well we got boo'd first but this is what we did for our pick. I got some mason jars, put tissue strips on them with mod podge and put pumpkin faces on them and filled them with candy, got a piece of wood and made the Boo sign and then with the Christmas lights I added little strips of white tulle and added googly eyes to make ghosts....pretty cute idea I thought! Then I added a couple fun things for the little girl of the fam and some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and wa-la! it was fun :)
what we got from our boo'ers :)



And there's part 1 of birthday week! :)

No comments: