Monday, June 8, 2009

Off we go into the wild blue yonder!

Yesterday Mark and I went up to SLC, met up with Calvin and Amy and Calvin's friend Chris and trekked up to Clearfield to Hill Air Force Base to watch the air show. I already got yelled at by my niece for going out on Sunday, but it was free and I did get a lovely sunburn as punishment, so lesson learned. :) (I looked under the bathroom sink twice for the stupid sunblock but couldn't find it and as soon as we got home Mark went there and found it right away...g's I'm losing it...).

It was a beautiful day though, nice huge, fluffy clouds, nice breeze...it was even chilly some of the time. Then of course it started to pour/hail for like 2 minutes which definitely cooled things down. Unfortunately it was right during the middle of the Thunderbirds performance at the very end of the air show. They had to stop performing for 20 minutes so the clouds would clear out and they could resume their tricks. They were pretty awesome, they can do such amazing stuff in those planes! One of the pilots was even from KC, Missouri...yay! :) haha. Honestly though, I wish I could have gone to the air show at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri! My nephews went with their dad on Saturday and they said it was the 20th anniversary of the B-2 Bomber, which is my all time favorite! They didn't have any B-2's at Hill AFB. :( Sad day...

Anyway, we had a fun time despite getting burned. Here's some pics for you! Oh, and Sierra comes tomorrow, wish us luck!!!

(This is Mark's favorite plane ever, the P51 Mustang, he was excited to see it).

(Planes!)

(Aww...how cute!)

(This is the F18 that did some tricks for us. Mark and I had Amy going that this was the exact plane that Will Smith was in in Independence Day...ha! So gullible...)

(This is the rain we got).

(Luckily we thought to bring our rain coats, it's rained here the past three days! Not a lot but it's better than nothing!)

(Thunderbirds! They were so cool and SO loud!)

(Can you tell they're siblings? :)

No comments: