Saturday, May 30, 2009

"I have found "The One," but now I must find the gown beautiful enough to marry him in." --?--

Since Monday was a holiday this week has gone by pretty fast. I worked a lot cuz a couple of my co-workers went to Disneyland and luckily work has been pretty busy lately. I took an order today for 1200 invitations! How crazy is that??? So work has been going well and I haven't been too bored/lonely at home either cuz I've actually gotten to be with other people. Amy saved me on my day off by taking me with her and her cousin Kathleen wedding dress shopping. Amy hasn't been able to look for any dresses so she was excited to go and luckily we found the Perfect one for her. Katie and I picked one out of the catalog and made her try it on and wa-la! It was "the one". It really is gorgeous, but sorry for no pics...certain people can't see it yet :)

After we found the dress we went around the mall looking for other things for "the big day". She found some great shoes, accessories and overall had a very successful day. It's always a big relief to finally get things going/fall into place! I know she was getting a bit stressed about not finding anything so yay for me and Kathleen! We were her good luck charms for the day. :) haha....

I got to go today with my friend Emma to look for wedding dresses too, and Whit came along too (I haven't seen her in a month so I was glad to see her!!! I miss girls sometimes...) Unfortunately Emma hasn't found the one yet, although we found some amazingly gorgeous ones...she looked So beautiful! She may be short but she fits these dresses so nicely! They look fabulous on her. I just hope she gets to get the one she wants! Every girl should get the wedding dress she wants. :)

So this week has been pretty full of weddingness, which I guess is ok, I deal with it at work everyday so a change in theme is good. Plus wedding dresses are so much more fun to pick out! Amy has been working on her invitations and they are going to be pretty darn cute! She's doing an Egyptian theme for her invites/reception, etc. and it's going to be pretty cool. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Well other than all this wedding stuff, life has been pretty good. Mark has been busy this week with school/homework/tests and work. I'm getting more of a "pregnant belly" now (which means less and less clothes fitting! ugh...)and the baby has been a lot more active. A couple of times when she's been really active I've been able to feel her if I press against my tummy a bit, Mark even said he thinks he felt her. I go to the doctor on Thursday for my next appt. So far I haven't had too many people touch my belly, just Amy...funny girl... :) I guess I have to get used to cuz supposedly a lot of people want to touch it when you get big...kinda weird/awkward I say.

Anyway, I hope I have a pretty calm relaxing week next week because the week after is bringing Sierra into our lives...eek! :) haha...joking Sierra!!! I'm pretty excited to have her come out here, I won't be so alone all the time! I just hope she doesn't get too bored following me around, going to work, etc. :) She's just going to have to deal with it, whether she likes it or not cuz that's what we're going to do! We do have some fun things we want to do with her but we no really set plans. Just going to wing it! Hope it turns out good and that she doesn't hate her visit...

I think that's pretty much everything I have to catch up on. Work is almost done for the day and I really need to look over my lesson I have to teach tomorrow. I got called to be the Beehive Advisor in my ward and tomorrow is my first day to teach. For all of you who don't have a clue what that is, it's the term we use for the group of girl 12-14 years old in each ward and I get to teach them! Yay...? We'll see how I do...luckily I only have like 3 girls to teach! That shouldn't be too daunting right?. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Yeah, I don't think she'll have too much of a problem traipsing around the mall while you're at work. That's just a guess, though.