Thursday, February 4, 2010

"I don't want to pierce anything. I think it's outdated. Belly rings and all are, like, old." --Britney Spears--

Ok so I know that quote for today is kinda dumb but I couldn't find anything for pierced ears that I liked and I thought this one was, like, totally funny. :) haha. Britney Spears is just so profoundly wise isn't she?

Anywho, if you haven't already guessed by now, Evelyn got her ears pierced today!!! Me, my sister Emily, and my mom went to Kansas City today to take Emily's foster baby to the doctor (he got his first surgery for his cleft lip and palette last week so now his nose is fixed and his lip is stitched together, he looks so much better already!). So we stopped by the mall to do a little shopping and while we were at Icing we decided to pierce Evie's ears! Emily held her down cuz I didn't really want to do it and that's more Emily's type of thing anyway. She's not afraid to be a little rough :)

Evelyn wasn't very happy though! She was screaming by the time we had just drawn the dots on her ears and then really started screaming when they put the earrings in. Poor little thing! She had the biggest tears running down her face. Grammy had to step away during the whole procedure cuz she couldn't handle it. I stood by and took pics of course so here they are!

(Before pic, she had no clue what was about to happen!)

(Picking the spots)

(Already crying after we put the dots on her ears, she was tired and cranky and hungry so this probably wasn't the best time to do it but oh well! Too late now :)

(Putting her first earring in! Boy was she mad!!!!!!!!!)

(And afterwards! This is at home of course, she did calm down not too long after we left the store and after she got fed so she's over the whole experience now and won't remember it later!)

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Mexican baby!

It's funny,cause I actually thought about getting Kady's ears pierced yesterday. But I decided not to, and I ended up not going to the mall anyway. So. Yeah. She's cute.