Sunday, May 30, 2010

Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean. --Christopher Reeve--

Now that Evelyn has had a little experience at the ocean, we decided to take her to the pool! I thought that since she LOVES the bath tub then she would love the pool, right? Wrong!!! She was so scared! We took her to the "kiddie" pool first, which had this fountain thing in the middle which scared her.

So then we decided to take her over to the big pool, shallow end, and walk around with her. I think here she got a little scared because the water was a bit cool so the whole time she just buried her head in my shoulder and kinda peeked out once in awhile but overall just stayed hidden in my shoulder til she fell asleep. She was kinda tired before we went there so that might have been part of the problem too but oh well!

She didn't quite like the bathtub at first either so hopefully this will grow on her! I signed us up for a Mommy and Me swim class next month so hopefully by then she'll like it better. I just wanted to take her a few times before that to get her used to the whole thing but maybe I'll have to go a few more times than that if she keeps this up!

Being happy before we got in


Being scared at the kiddie pool

Getting in the big pool!


Plain tuckered out

But oh so cute!!!

No comments: