Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"A mother's heart is a special place where children always have a home."

I know Mother's Day was Sunday but I've been a tad busy these past couple days getting things settled and figured out so here's my post now! Since we just got into Cali Saturday night, we just chilled Sunday...we were so worn out from driving and traveling all week! Plus I had a nasty sore throat and Mark was starting to get a bit sick too. So we just spent all day Sunday together since after that Mark would be busy busy busy with his CECOS training (he's doing civil engineering training down here if I haven't mentioned that yet...).

I was sad to miss Mother's Day with the fam though! The first Sunday I miss and it's Mother's Day :( I did talk to my Momma of course and gave her a card I made before I left MO. I was pretty proud of it! This is my first real attempt at making cards and with the Cricut I had no excuse not to do something fun! Although I didn't really use the Cricut with my mom's but....whatever! I loved hers! And I love her! You're the best Momma ever!!!

I made four other cards but can't post pics cuz I haven't given them out yet :) I'm handing them out in person so I'm not a complete slacker! :)

Sunday was also special because it was my and Mark's Second Anniversary!!! I can't believe it's been two years already! So much has happened and all of it wonderful! We have the best baby girl in the whole world and I have the best husband in the whole world! I'm so grateful and happy to have them in my life!!! We didn't really do much to celebrate this either but we did go out on the beach during our drive (Evelyn was asleep so we jumped out for a minute). We were the only ones on the beach so it was quite romantic and cute :) It was EXTREMELY windy though so this was the best picture we could get!


Anywho, Happy belated Mother's Day to everyone out there!

No comments: