Sunday, May 9, 2010

Are we there yet?!?!?!

Yes! We're FINALLY here in California!!!!!!! It was a long week but luckily it didn't go that bad! We made pretty good time and Evelyn was really great with only a few instances where we just had to stop and comfort her/let her out of her seat. She's such a wonderful baby! It was very sad to leave my fam in MO but I'm so glad that Evelyn and I got to spend time with them for a while! I love you all! Luckily we'll be back a couple times this year so she doesn't forget them :)Here's some pics of Evelyn on the drive.

She loves to sit up in the driver's set and "drive!"

The cutest smile in the world!


Evie with her blankie.


I just like the pouty lip with this one.


It's hard to tell but this is a very tear stained face...so sad!!!

Evelyn had fun meeting/seeing everyone in Utah when we stopped there Wednesday night/Thursday. We stayed with our friends the Alder's, who are just the best people ever! Then we went and spent the day in Salt Lake City with Amy, Calvin, and then met up with Maria and Whit and Richie later on. This was my first time seeing Maria since she left for her mission August 2008. I was SOOO Excited!!! It was wonderful to have the three of us together again. We had a great time talking and catching up a bit.


Friday we spent the morning finding a few things in our storage unit and then left and drove down to St. George where we stayed the night at Calvin's parents home along with Amy and Calvin. We all went over to Grandma and Grandpa Erwin, who live in St. George, for dinner and they got to meet Evelyn for the first time as well. It was a yummy dinner and so nice to see them! I've only met them once at Amy's wedding so I didn't really get to chat much.


Saturday we left and drove to CA with yet another stop at my birth dad's house so that they (him and Terrie) could also meet Evelyn for the first time. Which it was great to see them too and actually meet two of Terrie's kids and also her sister. Poor little Evelyn just has a ton of family members to meet this summer! It's funny cuz she's starting to get a bit shy with meeting new people, she'll look at them and then bury her head in my shoulder and peek out. So cute!

So after passing through there we got to drive through LA, which luckily we hit only a little traffic. The drive along the coast was so awesome! It's so beautiful out here!!! I'm so excited to live here for this little while. There's so much to do and see! I don't think I'll have a hard time keeping busy. I can just head over to the beach if I get too bored...how sad is that? :) The weather is so beautiful as well and the plants and everything are so pretty! This climate is just perfect for me!!! The only sad thing is there's no way I'm going to avoid a sunburn....let's just see how well I do!

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

It was so much fun to have you all here for dinner and a visit. Evie is beautiful as I knew she was from your blog. It was fun to hold her and hear about all your plans. Keep in touch - we are proud of all of you. Grandma and Grandpa Erwin