Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bethany: "Is your house on fire, Clark?" Clark: "No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights."

Last weekend we went to a neighboring town called Pass Christian, where they have an annual "Christmas at the Pass" celebration...basically just all the shops around downtown were open and there were some booths and food and Santa and a tree lighting (which we missed) and then at the end there was a boat parade! That was the funnest part of it I think...we did walk around a bit and looked at things but then we walked over to the pier and sat and waited for the boats. There were like 7 or so boats that were all decorated up and rode by the pier. Pretty cool...nice and relaxing to just sit out there...wasn't crowded like I thought it would be or anything too! Evelyn enjoyed it so that's all that matters right? Anywho...once again, not much text here but here's some pics!

watching the boats line up

aw so cute!

and so silly!

I was playing a lot with my shutter speed that day...this is with regular  speed....nothing slowed down

and this is with a 6 or 10 sec delay! pretty cool huh?  I think it's pretty :)

the boats are coming!

the city's Christmas tree

And a new pic of our Christmas tree! This was also me playing the shutter speed. Some photographers I  follow posted how to make your tree pics turn out better...pretty much just set your camera on something that's not gonna move and adjust the shutter speed and let it go :) not very technical sound I know, but I'm not so great with the technical terms yet :) but my lights look cool! little starbursts :)

No comments: