Sunday, December 11, 2011

"The whole difference between construction and CREATION is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved BEFORE it exists." --Charles Dickens--

Here is a few projects I've been working on since we got here...along with some help from Mark! :) The first couple are some home decorating type projects. I've seen a lot of subway art on pinterest (awesome, addicting website btw) and really wanted to do some for my house so I did! The first one is a kinda family rules type one, which I've seen a lot, and the second is kinda along the same vein, but I kinda went more along the Be-attitudes line...I like the second one better though...I like the square effect instead of the straight lines on the first, but I'm definitely not redoing it and it's cute anyway so there it stays! :)



The next project is a yarn letter, I've seen this a lot on pinterest too, kinda hard to tell here but I like it. Although it was a bit tricky...I think most people use a thinner letter, this is a 2 in cardboard letter I got at  Michael's and have had a hard time getting the edges to stick and stay down. So I've gotta figure out how to get that to work so I can hang it up. :)


I really love this next project..I've wanted to do an advent calendar  for awhile and have pinned a bunch of different ideas and finally picked this one...although I changed it up a bit from the example. They had little brown paper packages hanging from the clothes pins and I decided to do little envelopes instead. I have soooo much scrapbook paper so I only had to buy a foam board to hang these on and the clothespins, super cheap! :) My friend Nicole loved it so much that she asked to do a copy of it...which was fine cuz I had lots of extra paper from it and extra clothes pins too! Plus it let me play with my Cricut more and since I've been neglecting it lately it needed some attention :) I cut these cute little envelopes on it. So quick and easy!



This last project I've been wanting to do for a year now but we didn't get around to building it before deployment so we finally did it last weekend! This is a helping tower from ana-white.com (the same site we got our nightstand plans last year). I loved it and was excited to finally do it! And Evelyn absolutely loves it!

Evelyn wanted to help us build :)

and the finished project! Of course we had to make it pink....this girl is OBSESSED with pink! ridiculous really....

using it to pick an envelope!

too cute :)

I love this thing! So fun. Evelyn climbs on it all day and loves to help me cook and prepare stuff. SO great!
So there's that! I've been kinda lazy the past week so don't have much to show for that but Mark and I have started to build a shelf (plans from ana-white.com as well!), it's been slow going on it cuz we spent last Saturday building the helping tower and didn't have enough time to finish it yesterday so hopefully before Christmas...I'm excited to get it done though! I've needed a shelf in the living area for awhile and it's just so much more fun to build it ourselves :) Anywho! Hope you all are having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Tara said...

thanks for your blog, its so much fun to see all youve been doing.

Randi said...

Those projects are so cute!