Sunday, December 11, 2011

"Food, like a loving touch or a glimpse of divine power, has that ability to comfort."

Since we've been back in our house and Mark's been home, I've really been enjoying cooking real meals! I admit I was pretty lazy in MO, I hate cooking for just myself, so not worth the effort and Evelyn doesn't always count cuz she's such a two year old and their diet isn't very consistent on how much they eat :) So I was super glad to get all my cooking/baking stuff back and have been excited to try out some stuff from my "Our Best Bites" cookbook I got in MO! So this is a post dedicated to the yumminess I've tried from them and maybe one or two other places :)

 
First is Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches although I forgot the dip in the pic :) These were super good and made waaay more than we needed so Mark had lots of good leftovers for days. :) I also made these sandwich rolls to go with them.



Next up, is Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri, with broccoli and potato wedges. I forgot to take a pic of the whole thing but snapped this before we ate it down :) I made this one night when we had the missionaries over and was kinda sad about it cuz there were no leftovers! :) I wasn't sure how I'd like the Chimichurri sauce on top but it was sooo yummy! I even used it to dip the potatoes in, super good! I loove pork tenderloin so I love trying new recipes with it.

For dessert I made these apple dumplings from the Pioneer Woman. This recipe is SO GOOD! Seriously awful for you but soooooooo goood! Especially warm right out of the oven with some vanilla ice cream!!! But it's also good cold. It's amazing. I posted this link of facebook and had at least three people try it already! :) I did make one change though. My friend made this for me a couple weeks ago, which is why I tried it, and she used Sprite instead of Mt. Dew so that's what I did. Small change, probably didn't make much difference but I'd rather have sprite to drink leftover than Mt. Dew :) (you don't use the whole can :)



This next one is Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Ranch dressing. I've never been a fan of taquitos but I decided to try homemade ones and these were super yummy!



And the last one I've already shown, my pumpkin cheesecake from Thanksgiving, but here is the link to the recipe. It is actually a "Layered Pumpkin Pie Toffee Cheesecake", so super yummy! Although I think I liked the double layer pumpkin cheesecake I made a couple years ago. This one you do a cheesecake layer on the bottom and pumpkin pie layer on top. The other one I did had a regular cheesecake on bottom and then pumpkin cheesecake on top. I like the pumpkin layer as a cheesecake instead of regular pumpkin pie. :)

1 comment:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Yum! I didn't know that you're not a taquito fan! Wouldn't have figured. Love the tenderloin with chimichurri, gonna have to try it. Love ya!

Your favorite sister.