Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A baby girl...one of the most beautiful miracles in life, one of the greatest joys we can ever know.

It's official!!! We're having a girl! Well, pretty much we're sure it's a girl...the ultrasound lady right away asked if we thought we had the right timing or whatever, which we aren't really sure if our timing is right or not so I'm not surprised it's off. So she said she thinks we're about 18 weeks along instead of 20 but she said my doctor would talk to me about it more on Thursday at my regular appointment. This also will probably change my due date to the beginning of October but I'll talk more about that after I talk to my doc. Anyway, right now she said she's 90% sure it's a girl so we're stinking with it!!! We're SO excited too!!!!! Mark's pretty happy that he was right but I don't really care, I really wanted a girl so I'm so excited it's happening!!!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! Now we can actually start getting things for her and making decisions and such. Fun stuff!

Here's some pictures from today. Since we're earlier than we thought the pics of the baby aren't as defined or whatever but when I go back at 20 weeks (they said I have to do another ultrasound then to check vitals or something, I don't know) I'll try to get at least one good pic from that. It was SO COOL to see our baby though! She was moving around a bit during the ultrasound (we got a DVD of it, although it's pretty short) so we got to see her. It is so amazing though! And so weird to think that I have a living little tiny person inside of me...eek! She has been moving around a lot lately so I've been enjoying that a lot. Anyway, here's some pics!!!

(Here's a belly pic from today...sorry there's not much there but I'm probably not gonna really "show" for a little bit :)

(This is Mark before our appointment, he had just gotten off work and was tired!!!)

(The baby's legs!)

(Her wee lil arms)

(And her cute lil face!!!)

(The profile shot!)

(This shot is where she was saying, it's a girl, but it's not very apparent to me, but she's the pro right? I guess I'll just trust her...)

(The proud papa to be!!! He is SO happy to be having a girl! Or it could be the ice cream....)

(We celebrated by going to Macey's which has these awesome ice cream cones for ridiculously cheap! It's great...these are what they look like after we walked around the store for a minute, and they're still big!!! :)

I do want to apologize to my dear sisters today (well mainly Monie and Emily). I am extremely forgetful and I was so excited today that it made it even worse...I completely forgot to call them!!! Well with Emily I had called Mellisa and was on speaker for all the nieces and I thought she was there so that's my excuse there. I did completely forget to call Monie though, I'm such a horrible sister!!! So I'm deeply sorry and hope you will forgive me :) As for anyone else who's not family and I didn't call, I'm sorry as well but I was on the phone so much, there's just too many people for me to call. :) I love you all though! :)

2 comments:

Ramona said...

It's okay. I only should have been the second sister you called. But it's okay. I didn't cry myself to sleep or anything.

Nah, it's okay. I understand pregnancy brain.

Whitney said...

Me too! I'll probably forget to call you when the time comes! :)

Congrats, though! Girls are great! We'll have to go to Babies 'R' Us again. ;)