Monday, May 18, 2009

"It's so good to know that wherever you are, a Mom is with you in spirit and in love."

So I totally meant to do this post sooner, I said I would and it's not like I didn't have any time to do it last week...I just didn't. Oops. :) I guess I just have to have something to procrastinate in my life, it it's not school/homework, it's something else!

Anyway, now for catch up time. Last Sunday was Mother's Day of course! My first "official" one too I suppose. We spent the morning going back up to SLC to go to see "Music and the Spoken Word" with Mark's fam before they left. I just have to say once more, the MoTab is SO awesome! And the orchestra too. They're fabulous. It was especially cool on Sunday because, well first of all, it was a Mother's day special and then as a treat after the broadcast was over the choir and orchestra did one more song. The author David McCullough was there so in honor of him they performed "Battle Hymn of the Republic", which is one of THE most AMAZING songs to hear the MoTab and Orchestra perform...seriously...sends chills up your spine to hear it. They won a Grammy for it so you know it's gotta be good. :)

I was SO mad though because I wanted to record it on my camera, which I did bring and brought extra batteries cuz they died the day before I didn't want that to happen again, but this time I forgot my memory card! Argh!!! So annoying...I can't seem to go anywhere now without forgetting something. No one else had a camera either so I was kinda bummed out. So that's the reason for no pics this post.

Right after the performance we said good-bye to Mark's parents and headed back to Provo where we took a nice long nap (unfortunately it wasn't very fulfilling, these devil dogs across the street ruined it for us...stupid dogs), and just chilled for the rest of the day. Or at least I did. Mark had to catch up on homework since we were gone all weekend so I watched some movies, made dinner, and lazed around. Not a bad mother's day I suppose, the only one I haven't had any kids around to deal with too! :)

I do wish I could have been home though! I'm just glad I got to see my Momma that week, since I didn't get to on Mother's Day. I guess I was just jealous partly cuz they had a brunch for their meal and I love brunches! That's one thing I miss the most about being away from home, no Sunday Dinners with the fam! :( I did go and make some cinnamon rolls though to make up for it and make myself feel somewhat included in what the fam did. They were yummy too! :)

Well I guess that's all for Sunday. I have another post I'm going to work on for last week which includes pictures so be excited!!! :) I'll just end with a belated Mother's Day to everyone and a big I love you and I miss you SO much to my Momma!

No comments: