Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"On this our anniversary, we may not have wealth, but we do have each other and that is worth more than all the money in the world."

This weekend was SO busy! It was great, but busy. Friday night Mark and I went up to SLC to meet his family for dinner to celebrate Amy graduating. It was us, Amy, Calvin, JoAnn, Dennis, and Aunt Janet. We went to Red Robin which is Always delicious...so good...and just talked and ate and enjoyed each other's company. Afterwards Mark, Calvin, and I went to where Amy's car was parked cuz it stopped working and Mark was going to look at it for her. Unfortunately after checking it out he decided he didn't know what was wrong and couldn't fix it. So we left SLC and went home.

Saturday was also extremely busy. We had to get up at 7:00 to be at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple before 8:30 because that is when/where Amy was going through the temple. There were SO many people there! Saturdays are busy though and it's such a gorgeous temple, a lot of people go there. I saw at least 5 brides when we left! The session was great though, as always, and being there with Amy was especially great. Going to the temple is just so amazing! It's so beautiful and peaceful inside and I just love going with my family. I feel so lucky to have gone with my parents one day this week and Mark's family another! A lot of Mark and Amy's family and Calvin's family were there which was great. Going through the temple for the first time is an exciting, spiritual and somewhat overwhelming experience and it sure does help to have lots of support with you!

(I just LOVE all the tulips around the temples! They are so pretty!)

(these are the only pics I have from Mt. Timpanogos because my camera died like right away...Chris and Angie took pics and are gonna send them to me so don't forget guys!!! :)

When we were done at the temple, we went out to lunch with Amy and Mark's fam, this time to Chili's, which is also really good. This time Amy and Mark's cousin Chris and his wife Angie came and ate with us. They are pretty awesome and fun to hang out with. Unfortunately we don't see them too much cuz they live up in Ogden which is quite a drive. They have two adorable children, Lucy and Porter (as seen in one of my Thanksgiving posts), and are expecting a little girl in July(?). They're going to name her Sophie Olivia which I think is adorable.

After lunch we all wandered around Best Buy for a bit before going to see the new "Star Trek". JoAnn and Dennis wanted to take us out to see a movie and that's the one we ended up seeing. I've never really seen Star Trek before but the movie was pretty good. When that was over Mark and I decided to spend a little bit of time together since it was our first anniversary and all. :) We were with family almost all day so I think we'll do something later this week to celebrate on our own. We spend almost an hour wandering around Temple Square, reminiscing and taking pics. Reminiscing was kinda fun, we tried to think of random things we did or that happened when we were dating and with our wedding and after. It was kinda hard sometimes cuz my memory seriously sucks, especially now, but it was fun!



We don't have too many pics of us so we took a bunch just for fun and to waste time. I have to say I'm getting pretty good at taking pics of the two of us...it's hard to do sometimes! My long arms do come in handy though. :) Here's a sampling of some we took. I was more focused on getting a good one so I'm always smiling but since Mark was usually behind me I couldn't see what he was doing...funny boy. :)




(I told him to pose like a bride and this is what he came up with...)




(Isn't he So sweet?)

When we were done there we met up with the fam again plus some of Calvin's fam and had dinner at Chuck-Arama, which is a buffet place and is pretty good. Mark's cousin Kathleen (she was at our wedding with her parents) came and ate there with us too so that was fun seeing her. Overall it was a pretty awesome day, filled with lots of fam and lots of food...we ate so much those two days! It was crazy, but great, it meant less cooking for me to do!

So even though we spent almost all of our first anniversary with family, it was still pretty great. We didn't have too much planned anyway since we knew his parents would be in town. We did get to spend the whole day together which doesn't happen much so that was a big plus. He kinda felt bad that we didn't do much but I told him he could make up for it and do something for me later :) Why limit celebrating to one day right? The whole week was kind of a celebration anyway with finding out that we're having a girl, seeing both of our parents and other family, Amy's graduation and endowment and then Mother's Day...I don't think we missed out on anything by celebrating with family instead of by ourselves! I am pretty darn worn out though...we got up early and went to bed late so much, I really need to catch up on sleep! Luckily this week is going to be pretty slow so I can relax.

Well, I think that's all I'm going to write for now, this is a pretty long post already and I still haven't even done Sunday! :) I'll just have to do another later and talk about that. I'm too tired to think of what else to say anyway...I'm definitely taking a nap when I get done with work!

3 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Do you realize how much you talked about food in this post? Hee Hee! The pictures of you and Mark are so cute, I love the one of him kissing little baby Erwin.

Ramona said...

The pic above the one him posing as a bride, Mark has a total you look on his face. It's quite disturbing that your husband looks more like your sibling than your siblings.

I also enjoyed him kissing da new girl.

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

i luv ur pics! they r awesome! i really like the one of uncle markypoo kissing baby erwin!!!!!

-natalia
(aka salia or sally)