Wednesday, January 12, 2011

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. --Ansel Adams--

After a looooooooong, loooooooooong time I finally got my precious! :) This is something I've wanted for like 6 years and am so excited to finally have gotten it! And here it is!


We recently got our last travel reimbursement from the Navy and it happened to be a nice little sum so after paying some into tithing, savings, checking, and some bills, we had a nice little bit left over and I talked Mark into finally letting me get it! It took a bit and I had to tell him it could count as my Valentine's, birthday, and deployment gift before he'd finally say yes :) (I do have to say he wasn't completely left out of getting anything fun, he got some power tools and such for building things and the like which he was excited about). I figured now would be a good time to get it since I'm trying to be more serious with my photography and I'm gonna try to take a class in MO while Mark is deployed so I'd like to take the class with the camera I'm gonna use.

Anywho....it took FOREVER to get here but Monday it FINALLY arrived, at the very end of the day after I'd been waiting allll day for it...and Monday was a long frustrating day without me being anxious for my camera to arrive. But it got here and I love it! I've been looking at it for, well 6 years, so I've watched prices everywhere and I got a nice package deal on it with Best Buy- so I got the camera body, a lense, an extra lense, and a bag! As you can see above :) It's pretty much almost the same model (Canon Rebel EOS) as my other SLR but this one is digital and therefore more expensive of course. But so worth it! If it's not too freezing these next couple weeks I'm gonna try playing with it around the area but the past couple days have been awful cold so I don't know how likely that will be. So far I've just taken pics of Evelyn in our living room.

The same day I got my camera I got another little toy. My phone, and Mark's, have just been awful...Mark's turns off all the time with the reason and mine isn't much better so my upgrade finally came this month and I got a new iPhone! I got a sweet deal on this too cuz I got a refurbished one on AT&T.com that was half the price of a new upgrade one. I absolutely LOOVE it! It's so much better than my old phone and I'm so happy I have it! Unfortunately Mark has to tough it out with one of our old ones cuz we're just gonna put a military hold on his when he leaves so he won't need it. Poor thing :)

This pic was taken with my iPhone the other day...it was just too funny! She never does this but was refusing to take a second nap and so she fell asleep on the couch.



These next three are my favs taken with my new camera.





Well that's all for today! Time to go be productive....

No comments: