Sunday, January 9, 2011

"When life gives you scraps, make something with them."

Lately I've taken a break from scrapbooking and have been exploring some other creative outlets :) My neighbor is into sewing and showed me some cute baby booties she had made and they were just sooo cute I had to try it out! Luckily Hobby Lobby had their Simplicity Patterns for $.99 last week so I went over and grabbed some patterns then headed to Hancock Fabric who were having a fabric sale so I got some fabric, figured out how to use my sewing machine and wa-la! Here is what I've come up with so far :)

These are the most boyish ones I could come up with. It's just so much easier to do girly!

I LOVE this fabric!

These are kinda hard to see but they are like the ones below just black.

These look way cuter in person btw. :)

I absolutely LOVE these baby booties. They are so adorable and sooo easy to make! Well at least easy after you get the whole thing down and stop reversing the outside and inside the wrong way :) Took me a couple tries to get it all right but luckily they are small and quick!

The next thing I tried was this little bag that was part of another pattern group. I made the yellow one first and am using it for Evelyn's Church toy bag. It's pretty basic and simple but I added the ribbon and button and it is so cute! Then today I tried it again with some changes to make it a little more sturdy and made this one! I had this fabric lying around so I figured if I messed up then it would be ok but it turned out pretty good! Although I realized after I finished that I did the handles wrong! They were supposed to attach differently. I thought they looked funny this way but oh well. They are still cute!



So that is what I have been keeping myself busy this week! I have some other things I plan on making but will wait to later this week. Mark is leaving for a 2-3 week field exercise so I've got tons of time to sew and scrapbook! I plan on turning my table/countertop into scrapbook central and just go at it. I am soooo behind on my scrapbooking! I haven't scrapped a page for Evelyn's book or anything since April. So this outta be a fun next couple weeks minus the fact that Mark is gone :(

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

You are so talented - I am impressed. Evelyn is a lucky little girl to have such "fun" parents.