Saturday, January 1, 2011

"The most vivid memories of Christmases past are usually not of gifts given or received...

...but of the spirit of love, the special warmth of Christmas worship, the cherished little habits of the home."

My Momma enjoys a themed party/holiday so this year's Christmas theme was Christmas Memories! On Christmas Eve we all brought Christmas memory foods (I made homemade yeast rolls and homemade honey rolls, I couldn't really think of a specific memory food but I love bread and you can't have a Christmas dinner without rolls!). Everything was exceptionally yummy, as usually.

After dinner we all shared Christmas Memories which was fun, and then did our family gift exchange. This year I had my Mom and Dad, which I was really glad cuz I had already started making my mom's gift before I found out who I had! I made her a homemade (we all did homemade type gifts this year for our exchange family) scrapbook calendar, which she loved of course! :) Then I got my dad a copy of Josh Groban's new CD, whom we both enjoy immensely and I knew he'd love it :) My brother Ben and his wife Jody had us and gave Evelyn a cute little foam album full of pictures from her first year. She LOVES looking through it and I am currently making one full of pics of her and her daddy! Then they gave us a big framed collage type picture with Erwin in the middle, very cute.

Oh! and also as part of the Christmas Memory theme, my mom asked me to put together a slideshow of Christmas photos from the past, which I did and with the help of my bro-in-law Kyle, was able to get working on the tv so we could have it running through the day, thanks again Kyle!

Cute as a button! :)

Silly Kady!


oh! we had an ugly sweater type thing for Christmas Eve, this is Monie's but unfortunately she didn't win cuz I did! :) I found this love flowey, drapey dress with seashells and stripes...so gorgeous!

Carmen and Matteo!

Jerica, Emily, and Jeremiah


Gramps telling his Christmas memory of when he and some grandkids got lost in the woods on Christmas...great story!

Dad laughin', which I think is a nice pic! It's hard to get a good one of him


Oh yeah! This was my gift to dad for his birthday and was quite the hit....this thing entertains my family for hours! :)


Grammy's deer, this time as Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus! My mom is soooo silly :)


Christmas day started out like every other Christmas day, which means fried bread!!! That is seriously the best Christmas tradition ever and one that Mark particularly enjoys from my family. He asks me to make it all year but I rarely do cuz, well one, we don't need to make a batch of fried bread for just the two of us, and two, I really shouldn't eat fried dough more than once a year! It's just too hard to stop! :)

After that we got stuff ready for Christmas Day dinner, which this year we had a Mexican themed dinner which was soooo yummy...enchiladas, tamales, homemade guacamole (made by me :), dip, rice, beans.....so good! I love our family dinners!

So when we all settled down with that, the kids did a little scavenger hunt for their Christmas goody bags and us adults did our white elephant gift exchange, which was exceptionally fun this year! Auntie Kim found a good version online to play and it was so much fun! Then to finish up the holiday we watched some of Mom and Dad's old home videos, major old school style too with the old projector and old videos that didn't even have sound. The younger kids were baffled by such a thing! So funny....

My adorable little girl! She's such a joy and so much fun!

Cousins! Well some of them, it's hard to get all of them in one spot!

See? Entertaining!

Fried bread time! She didn't quite like the un-sugared ones

Evelyn was fine with them though!

Evelyn saying sorry to Kady after hitting her

Evelyn and Jeremiah! They are so cute together!
,Another cutie! This girl is just hilarious


Cheese! Evelyn loved Abrahm's Christmas present, looks like she really is my daughter! :)

Santana and Abrahm! Matteo ran off

White elephant gift time! Mark got the granny panties but luckily traded them :)

Dad rollin' the dice for the gift exchange game. There was a time limit so of course he took his sweet time rolling, making everybody mad! :) Silly guy

It was such a wonderful holiday though! I loved being with my family and spending time with them and I got to see my best friend Sarah! Not as much as I would have liked but at least I got to spend a little time with her! And of course I got to spend lots of time with my wonderful hubby and daughter. Although Mark did also spend some quality time with my dad and the boys, going out to lunch one day, gun shopping another, and shooting another! Now of course he's itchin' to get a gun of his own! Anywho....it was a wonderful holiday and I am so grateful for my wonderful family and that we were able to come up and be with them! I love you guys! Thanks for another wonderful memorable Christmas!

I do have to include a shout out to the Bidia's in Cali, who weren't with us this Christmas and were very much missed! I love you guys!

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

Happy New Year to your sweet family from those of us in St. George. (Great Grandma and Grandpa to Evelyn!)