Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Art is the color and texture of the imagination!"

Well first of all here's a little something Mark and I did the week before Evelyn was born. There's a place in Provo called Color Me Mine where you go and pick out a ceramic piece and then paint it and they fire it in their kiln. It's pretty cool and lots of fun although Mark is pretty meticulous and took a looong time finishing his. We've gone there once before and so I knew he would take awhile so I did something that would definitely take me time to finish. We both planned out our designs beforehand so we knew what we wanted to do cuz last time we didn't and it's just easier to know what you're doing.

Anyway, so here's some pics from our little outing (which took place on Friday- we were there for a few hours and didn't quite finish so we had to come back on Saturday to finish :).

(The first stroke...so intense! haha...)

(So meticulous...his last one he did here didn't get covered as well so he made sure to get the whole thing covered really well with paint this time.)

(He was ReAlLy ready to be done with it, he got tired of it taking so long :)

(My layout)

(All done painting!)

And the finished products!



And now here's some new pics of Evelyn from the past couple days at home. She's been doing pretty darn good, hasn't been too fussy (only when she's hungry and not getting anything fast enough). She's been sleeping pretty decent and is so fun to have around! She's so cute and so smiley and just so darn cute! Grammy had a lot of fun with her and was very sad to leave yesterday morning. I was so glad she came for the "big event" though and that she didn't have to wait long for Evelyn to arrive! We were all thinking I'd be a little later than one day off my due date but thank goodness we didn't. (If I didn't mention before, October 8th is my best friend Sarah's b-day so she was pretty excited I had Evelyn on that day).

Anyway, I loved having my Momma here, it's been so long since I've gotten to see her! We talk a lot on the phone (she talks A LOT on the phone btw, she's super close with all her girls!) but it's so much better to be with her in person. I can't wait to go home in December to see ALL the fam and have them meet little Evie!

(Such a big mouth! She likes to try to stuff her hands in there sometimes, just like her aunt Emily! :) :) :)

(I love the faces babies make!)

(Daddy's first diaper change and the second of his life! he'll get used to it...)

(Daddy/daughter time!)

No comments: