Tuesday, October 13, 2009

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. --Leo J. Burke--

So Evelyn had sort of a rough day, mainly due to the fact that she would not sleep! The nurses from the night crew said she was awake most of the night and then when I got there in the morning she was awake and very very cranky! This was partly also because she was huuunnnngggrry! She was acting like she was starving, poor little thing. She was fighting off sleep so hard though, which my mom said I used to do when I was a baby...I have a feeling we're in for some looong sleepless nights soon (which I expected anyway) so we're definitely taking advantage of these nights she's gone!

The good part of the day was that we spent a lot of time bonding "skin to skin" which she seemed to enjoy, I kept her calm most of the time I was holding her and got her to sleep a little at least. She was so overtired though that it was even harder to for her to fall asleep. Tonight I went with Mark though and she slept nearly the entire time I held her so hopefully she does a bit better tonight! Mark got to hold her again and spent awhile humming to her which she really enjoyed...it was SOOOOOO cute! She was making some funny faces at him too and even smiled at him once...sweet little thing. :)

(He almost got her to sleep here)

(Funny face...)

(Finally calm!)

No comments: