Monday, October 12, 2009

Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child. --Tina Brown--

So I went into the hospital this morning and this is what I saw...




...Evelyn completely off the CPAP and off her blood pressure medicine and doing fabulously great! They took her off at 4am and all her levels were staying stable and she was doing so great! I was pretty excited. I came back later on with my mom and she was wide awake so we did a lot of talking to her and she loooved it. She was so attentive and watched and followed us so well! She focuses really well and seems to like to look around a lot. She seems very observant.

(My mom took this pic...she's obsessed with how big Evelyn's feet are.

Also while we were there they took out the arterial line from her umbilical cord and said that after a couple of hours after taking that out we could hold her! SO Mark and I came back tonight and got to hold her! I was SOOOO Excited! I haven't gotten to hold her since her first hour of life :)


(Our first family pic!)

(Once again the Proud Papa! I love seeing him with her, it's so sweet!)

(she was awake the whole hour and a half that we held her and was just watching us and staring at us...and making funny faces like this one, she's SO funny to watch!)

(Too cute!)

(Look how well she's focusing in on us! We filmed a little bit of her and she was following the camera when Mark moved it.)

SO she is doing fantastically well...she's pretty much just chillin' there being monitored and getting antibiotics for her infection. Next step, learning how to eat! Fun fun....

1 comment:

Tastebuds Boutique Catering said...

I'm soooooooo happy right now!! And she is just getting cuter & cuter!