Thursday, October 29, 2009

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me!" --Cookie Monster--

So the other day I was wanting something yummy and decided to try something new. I've been trying not to eat too much chocolate so I don't upset the wee one so I found a new recipe for peanut butter cookies to try and they were SOOOO GOOD! I have to make a few at a time so I don't eat a ton at once. Next time I make them I am definitely going to try them with some chocolate chips, that can only improve them! I do have to say that I am gathering up quite a collection of delicious cookie recipes! (although that's probably not a good thing... :) Anyway, I just thought I would share the recipe with all of you in case you are looking for something new and delicious!

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup shortening
* 1/2 cup margarine, softened
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 to 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (depending on how peanut buttery you want it, I like more :)
* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended and the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments: